As of 2013, there were an established 44.4 million people with dementia worldwide. This number will increase to an estimated 75.6 million in 2030 and 135.5 million in 2050. According to South Africa’s 2011 census, there were approximately 2.2 million people in South Africa with some sort of dementia. The recent World Alzheimer’s report *(1) estimated that there were 4.4 million people over the age of 60 years living in South Africa, with approximately 187,000 living with dementia. Oct 3, 2017
This represents millions of people whose loved ones and family require special care and support with living with dementia.
Setting up Dementia in-home care:
Early recognition and acknowledgment of support can assist with the family’s understanding and setting up care.
Our caregivers have accredited training for this specialized environment.
We aim to help support those with memory loss to live fulfilled lives.
Dementia in-home care:
- Helps maintain routine and familiar surroundings
- Makes sure your loved one stays safe
- Maintains levels of independence in a safe environment which promotes confidence
- Making sure healthy eating is maintained
- Providing stimulating activities
- Assists with social interactions
- Support the family carers that need deserved breaks
- Educates understanding different behaviors
For more information regarding this special care please feel free to contact us